While many schools are moving to online only or remote access during the worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Artstor is prepared to help.
Artstor can be accessed from off-campus. Below is a list of resources to help you get or establish access to Artstor if your institution is moving to online only education during the crisis.
What's in this article:
- Students and Faculty
- Librarians and administrators
- Access for Independent Researchers
Students and Faculty:
How to log in to Artstor from off-campus
If you’re a university or secondary school student or faculty, you have some options:
- First, check the "Log in through your institution" link to see if there is a “log in” link next to your school’s name.
- If there isn’t, check your university’s library webpage for an “A-Z list” or “databases” area for a link to Artstor
- If you already have created a personal Artstor account, you can log in to that account for remote access, because it is already linked to your institution’s account. If your account has expired, contact us or your librarian to reset your 120 day access period.
- If you still can’t find remote access, contact your librarian. They will be able to give you a personal Artstor account for remote access to Artstor. If your librarian is unavailable, contact us.
How to find what you need on Artstor
- For a helpful overview of searching on Artstor for different topics, see our LibGuides
- We also have a set of support pages that provide information on searching on Artstor
- For staying organized and saving images, learn more about managing Artstor Groups
Librarians and administrators
Enabling access for your students
- Make sure you have an administrative account so that you can provide Artstor access to any individuals who contact you for an account. If you don’t have access to your administrator account, contact us and we will help create one for you.
- If you have a proxy or shibboleth, make sure we have your information. Send us:
- Your proxy URL and Proxy IP so that we can enable it on the "Log in through your institution" link, OR
- Your entity ID and Federation (Read more about enabling SAML (Shibboleth and Open Athens) for Artstor)
- Remember that the first time students or patrons log in through your SAML (Shibboleth or Open Athens), they will need to link their personal Artstor account to your shibboleth with a few self-guided steps.
Education materials for your and your patrons
We have recorded and on demand webinars you can watch anytime, anywhere:
Share the Artstor LibGuides we’ve created, or copy them to your own LibGuides site.
- If you don’t have institutional access to Artstor, you can explore Artstor's open collections.
- See the list of all the Open Access and free content that ITHAKA’s platforms have to offer.