You can configure Shibboleth 3.2x as your identity provider for enterprise logins in the Artstor Digital Library. Please follow this guide if you want to integrate your Shibboleth or other IDP with Artstor SP. Please note that Shibboleth access and Proxy access do not work well together. We recommend institutions choose only one of these methods for their users.
STEP 1: Required Attributes
If you have requested Shibboleth access for your institution, we ask you to release the Shibboleth Attribute listed below. Please contact us if you can't provide any of these attributes.
|urn:oid:188.8.131.52.4.1.59184.108.40.206.10 or urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent (persistent-id) REQUIRED||Persistent identifier that provides Artstor (SP) with a unique identifier for the account holder||URL of IdP!SP Entity ID! Unique Identifier|
STEP 2: Metadata exchange
If you need to whitelist the URL, you may need our SP entityID: https://shibbolethsp.jstor.org/shibboleth
Artstor is a member of the following federations but can work with many others via interfederation metadata (if in doubt, contact us):
- UKAMF (United Kingdom) [metadata]
- eduGAIN (Federation Membership Organization) [metadata]
- InCommon (United States) [metadata]
- OpenAthens (Multiple Countries) [metadata]
- DFN-AAI (Germany) [metadata]
STEP 3: Generate and test
Use the WAYFless URL Generator in the box below to create a WAYFless URL for testing:
- Paste the URL into your browser--it will take you to the IDP provider login page where you can enter your institutional credentials
- When you have created a verified, working WAYFless URL, please contact us so that we can update your login link.