Ways to remotely access the Digital Library:
Login Remotely with your Artstor User Account
Users who have registered for an account with the Digital Library have access may use their Artstor credentials remotely (off-campus) for a remote access period.
Artstor remote access lasts 365 days.
After this time period, you will need to use these credentials to log in either on campus or through your library's web page in order to renew the remote access period.
- Go to library.artstor.org.
- Log in with your username and password.
Login Remotely with your Institutional Credentials (Institutional Login)
Some subscribing institutions have set up access that allows users to enter the Digital Library using their institutional log in credentials (the username and password you use to access your institution's network) and have automatic access to the benefits of registering. If your institution allows this type of access, you can log in to the Digital Library following these steps:
- Go to library.artstor.org.
- Click Log in in the upper right corner of your screen.
- In the Log in through your institution dropdown, find and select your institution.
- You will be taken to a page that asks you to enter your institutional login username and password. Enter the information and click "Continue" or "Login". You will be taken directly to the Digital Library main page.
- OR, depending on the type of access your institution provides, you may see a page like this asking you to enter you institutional credentials.
- After entering your institutional credentials:
- If you have an existing Digital Library account, at prompt select “Yes, use my existing account” then supply your existing Artstor username and password. This account must have been established with the institution from which you are remotely accessing the Digital Library.
- If you do not have an existing Digital Library account, at prompt click “No, create a new account” and enter your email address, role at your institution, and your academic department. Your new account will be created.
- You will then be redirected to the Digital Library landing page and you should see your email address in the upper right corner of the page under “Welcome to Artstor” After linking your Artstor account with your institutional account through this method, the next time you remotely access the Digital Library, you will be taken directly to the Digital Library after choosing your Institution from the dropdown and entering your credentials.
Login through your Institution's Library website
- Go to your institution’s library home page.
- Find Artstor in the list of the library’s databases.
- Click on the link for Artstor.
- Login using your institutional credentials. Please contact your local librarian if you need assistance at this point.
If you are a local administrator, you can find proxy configurations in Setting up Proxy Access for your Institution.
VPN (Virtual Private Network):
A VPN is a private network that will allow you to be authenticated to JSTOR by IP Address(es). If available, access and login information to your institution VPN will be available from your library team or on your library website.
If you are your institutions administrator you may need to whitelisted additional information to ensure successful authentication. Contact us if you need to add your VPN's IP address into our system or if your current VPN is not authenticating users.