Before you Start
When you register for a user account, you must be on-site at your institution or logged in through your institution’s proxy server (typically a link on your library’s webpage).
You can find and view images without an account, but users who register can also:
- access the Digital Library remotely
- save, organize and share images using Groups
- download individual images or export entire Groups through the download to zip file or PowerPoint feature
- add your own content to a Personal Collection
Artstor remote access lasts 365 days.
Sign up for an Account
- Access the Artstor Digital Library by using your institution’s proxy link, or by typing library.artstor.org into your web browser while on the campus network.
- In the Log In area at the upper right side of the screen, click Register. If you do not see the Register link, it means you are seeing the Artstor public page and need to either go to campus, or authenticate to your campus network.
- On the registration page enter a valid email address, password (passwords are case sensitive), your role at your institution, and the academic department you are affiliated with. Use the check boxes to opt-in or out of mailings. You must agree to our Terms and Conditions of Use. You can also register using your JSTOR registered user credentials. Simply register using the same email address and password you used when you set up your JSTOR account.
- Click Register and you’ll be automatically logged in to your new account. The Log In area will display a welcome message and your email address.