On this page:
You can get access to Artstor in several ways: either on campus, through a university link, or through a personal account. Personal accounts allow you to save, download, and organize images on Artstor. Read on to find out more about how access to Artstor may work for you and your school.
Access Artstor from School
Access to Artstor is automatic when you're on your school's campus. To be able to view your institution's images, go to library.artstor.org and start searching.
Need to create Groups or download content? You'll need to register for a personal account. Note that you can only register while you're on campus or while you're logged on to your campus' network.
If you're seeing public collections only (in other words, it says "Welcome to Artstor's Public Collections" at the top right of the page) you will need to sign in through your institution's network.
Access Artstor from Off-Campus
If you do not yet have a personal Artstor account, are seeing our public access page, and want to download and save Groups, you will need to either access the Digital Library from on-campus (where you can then register for an account) or log in through your institution’s proxy . If your institution offers a specific kind of access, you may find them listed in the Log in through your Institution dropdown.
Registering for a Personal Account
- Make sure you are on your school's internet connection, either from campus or via your off-campus login link
- Click Register in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Enter the requested information, including a valid email address and password (passwords are case sensitive). The email address you enter will be the username for your account and also the address Artstor will use to send your password if you misplace it.
Artstor remote access lasts 365 days.
Once you have registered for an account, you can access the core collections of the Artstor Digital Library remotely from any computer connected to the internet. You will need to log in to your registered user account at your subscribing institution to reset your remote access .
Logging in with your Registered User Account
- Navigate to library.artstor.org
- Click the login link in the upper right corner
- Enter your user account credentials.
- Now you can begin searching, downloading, and creating groups!
Article is closed for comments.