As the local administrator for the Artstor Digital Library, you have access to a suite of tools for managing your institution’s settings and individual user accounts.
On this page:
Accessing the Administrative Tools
Your credentials for accessing this site should have been sent to your email address when your institution first subscribed. If you need a reminder of this login, please contact us. You may be able to login using your Artstor registered user account, if your account has been granted administrative privileges.
Your institution at a glance
On the landing page, you will see statistics about user accounts at your institution, including the number of Registered users, Active users (non archived accounts), Admin users, and JSTOR Forum users. The panel on the right will show you which accounts currently have administrative access.
The manage institution menu allows you to update administrator information for your institution.
To manage institutional settings:
- From the top navigation bar, select Manage Institution.
- On this page you can view local support contact information for your institution. The contact information here will be displayed on the landing page of the Artstor Digital Library on the right side panel. This information is currently read-only, so please contact us for any necessary updates.
The Manage Users menu allows you to manage existing and register new user accounts at your institution.
- From the top navigation bar, select Manage Users to see a full list of registered users at your institution. This list can be sorted by clicking on any of the column headings, and can be searched by email (using part or all of a user’s email address), registration date, or last log-in date.
- Clicking on a user's email address opens the Edit User Details window where you can:
- Change their Permissions
- Opt in to Artstor email
- Opt in to Artstor survey (once per year)
- Grant Admin rights (access to this tool)
- Archive the user if they are no longer at your institution.
- At the bottom of this window you can extend the user’s remote access period by 30 days.
Note: removing users from a select project does not delete the record information. As an Admin, you are only removing the individual user's association with a specific project. The item data remains available to your institution's Admin account.
Register New Users
Some administrators create registered accounts for their users, whether on request or in batches as preparation for library instruction sessions. To register new users:
- From the top navigation bar, select Manage Users and click the orange Register button at the upper right.
- Enter one or more email addresses separated by commas; a randomized password will be generated for these accounts.
- After their email is entered, you can make changes to it using the Edit User Details window.
- Once complete, the user will receive an email with their account access information.
Archive User Accounts
Although Artstor does not require it, some administrators like to archive the accounts of users who are no longer with their institution. For instructions on how to archive an active user account, see Manage Users above.
Article is closed for comments.