Shibboleth Single Sign-On
The Digital Library is compatible with several Shibboleth single sign-on federations. If you are interested in enabling Shibboleth for Digital Library access, please contact our Support team.
If your institution utilizes a webscale discovery or federated search system, we encourage you to add the Digital Library using our XML Gateway. Instructions for adding the Digital Library are below.
Access: You (or your System Administrator) can turn on the Artstor Digital Library within your Webscale Discovery system admin tool. Supported systems:
Proquest/Serials Solutions Summon
EBSCO EDS (EBSCO Discovery Service)
Paratext 19th Century Masterfile
- For legal reasons, only our international set of content is available.
- Requires vendors to harvest our content from our OAI server, which means that Digital Library content updates are not available in real-time in these systems.
Federated Search Systems
Access: Please send the IP address associated with your federated search system to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Supported systems:
Serials Solutions Search 360
Innovative Interfaces Research Pro
ProQuest CSA Illumina
Other Systems (including MDID)
We can also accommodate other systems; please contact email@example.com for more information.
If you are troubleshooting an issue with the Digital Library, please make sure that the computer meets the minimum system requirements, with special attention given to:
- Browser and Operating System Versions
- Flash Player
- Pop-up Blocking Software
- Cookie Enabling
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you are unable to resolve an issue with the Digital Library. Providing us with as much of the following information as is relevant and possible will help expedite the resolution process:
- Platform, OS, and browser type (including version numbers)
- Error message
- IP address
- User account email address
- For remote access issues: software name, a link to the proxy or access information for your remote access platform, and login information (a guest account) that our tech team can use for testing