Embedded metadata is found in image files from the Artstor Digital Library. To begin, download the image from the Detail page, then:
View embedded metadata for a downloaded image on a PC
- Open the image using photo editing software such as GIMP or Photoshop
- Go to File > Properties and view the advanced properties tab for full metadata.
OR, You can view partial metadata by right-clicking on the file and viewing Details.
View embedded metadata for a downloaded image on a Mac
- Open the file using the Preview program on your computer.
- Go to Tools > Show inspector.
- In the popup window click on the information icon tab where you will find the image metadata.
- After downloading your image file, locate your file in your computer’s file directory and right or ctrl +click and choose Get Info (Mac).
- Under the More Info section of this panel you will find embedded metadata for the image including Title, Dimensions, color space and description.
Article is closed for comments.