Download the Artstor Quick Start Guide
Access the Digital Library from your Institution
If your institution has a proxy server or VPN set up, you can also access the Artstor Digital Library via your institution’s list of electronic resources (often found on the library’s databases A-Z page).
If you’re seeing public collections only–a header like this:
Remote Access to the Digital Library
If you do not yet have an account and are seeing our public access page, and want to download and save Groups, you will need to either access the Digital Library from on-campus (where you can then register for an account) or log in through your institution’s proxy if one exists. If your institution offers a specific kind of access, you may find them listed in the Log in through your Institution dropdown.
Registering for an account
- From on-campus or through a proxy link, navigate to library.artstor.org
- Click Register in the box in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Enter the requested information including a valid email address and password (passwords are case sensitive). The email address you enter will be the username for your account and also the address Artstor will use to send your password if you should misplace it.
Once you have registered for an account, you can access core collections of the Artstor Digital Library remotely from any computer connected to the internet. You will need to log in to your registered user account at your subscribing institution once every 120 days to reset your remote access .
Logging in with your Registered User Account
1. Navigate to library.artstor.org and click the login link in the upper right corner.
2. Enter your user account credentials.