You can configure Shibboleth 3.2x as your identity provider for enterprise logins in the Artstor Digital Library. The configuration process involves two main steps: registering your enterprise identity provider with Artstor and registering Artstor with the enterprise identity provider. Please follow this guide if you want to integrate your Shibboleth or other IDP with Artstor SP.
Please note that Shibboleth access and Proxy access do not work well together. We recommend institutions choose only one of these methods for their users.
STEP 1: Required Attributes
If you have requested Shibboleth access for your institution, we ask you to release the Shibboleth Attribute listed below. Please contact us if you can’t provide any of these attributes.
|urn:oid:188.8.131.52.4.1.59184.108.40.206.10 or urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent
|Persistent identifier that provides Artstor (SP) with a unique identifier for the account holder||URL of IdP!SP Entity ID!
We are assigning higher privileges in our system for faculty value
STEP 2: Metadata exchange
Artstor is a member of the InCommon Federation, SWITCHaai (Switzerland), and UK Access Management Federation for Education and Research (UK), meaning you can read our production metadata from the federation metadata file. If you are not a member of one of these federations, then you can download our metadata from https://sso.artstor.org/Shibboleth.sso/Metadata and email us your metadata file so our admin can add you to the Shibboleth installation.
STEP 3: Verify Released Attributes
- Go to https://sso.artstor.org/sso/validate.html
- Find and click on your institution’s name in the list. The page may take a while to load. Enter your institutional credentials when prompted. The resulting page should list the attributes released.
- Please ensure EduPersonTargetId is released.
- Contact us to confirm the attribute is released.
STEP 4: Testing from the Artstor home page:
- We will send you your Shibboleth testing URL. This URL will take you to the Artstor Digital Library home page.
- Click Log in through your Institution in the upper right corner of the Welcome box.
- Select your institution from the dropdown menu
- Login via your IDP (using your institutional Shibboleth credentials)
- Select create a new user or join account if you are an existing Artstor user. You should be redirected to the Artstor Digital Library home page as a logged-in user.