The simplest way to present images from the Digital Library is to use Fullscreen mode to present items from a Group, search results, or a Collection. Fullscreen allow you to fluidly zoom and pan images, compare items, and play multimedia files alongside images.
To present in fullscreen mode, you will need to be using a computer that is connected to the Internet and have access to the Digital Library, either because you are connected to your campus network or you’re logged in using remote access.
- Open a Group, Collection, or perform a search to view thumbnails of content you wish to present. Set your thumbnail view to 72 per page, to get the most options in Fullscreen mode, and/or sort them by date or relevance if those arrangements put the most important results to you, on the first page.
- Click the first thumbnail on your results, group, or collection page to launch the Detail page.
- Mouse over the item on the left and click the fullscreen button in the toolbar.
- In fullscreen mode you will see:
- A toolbar at the upper left for zoom, pan, reset and show/hide captions (toolbar options will vary depending on item type).
- A caption for the item at the bottom with navigation arrows on either side to click through your group, results, or collection.
- Exit and Compare buttons in the upper right.
- Exit will close fullscreen mode and return you to the Detail page.
- Compare will open a selection panel to allow you to choose content from the first page of your group, results or collection, for comparison. Click Compare again to close this panel. We recommend comparing no more than 10 items at once.
- If you are showing multiple items in fullscreen mode you will see a toolbar for each added item, with an X at the end. Use the X to close the comparison item(s).