Filtered Search allows you to further refine your search results by collection type, Artstor classification, geographic area or country, and date range by using the filtering search panel on the left side of your search results page.
- Run a keyword or advanced search. The results will be returned as thumbnails with a filtered search panel on the left.
- To clear the Collection Type, Classification, or Geography filters click Clear next to the filter heading.
- Collection Type filter: This filter will display the collection types represented in your search results, including Shared Shelf Commons collections. If your institution subscribes to Shared Shelf and has published collections for your institutional use, you will be able to limit your search to those institutional collections here. Users at non Shared Shelf-subscribing institutions will only see content from the Artstor Digital Library and Shared Shelf Commons. To select a particular collection, click the name of the collection. The thumbnails will reload, including only results within the specified collection type.
- Classification filter: This filter will display the Artstor classifications represented in your search results. To narrow your results to one specific classification, click the name of the classification. The thumbnails will reload, including only the filtered results. New! October 2017: the filtering panel will include classifications from shared institutional Shared Shelf content, so you may see additional filtering options in this area of the panel.
- Geography filter: This filter will display the geographical areas or countries represented in your search results. To narrow your results to one specific area or country, click the name of the location. Once you select the location the thumbnails will reload, including only those results.
- Contributor Filter: This filter enables you to filter content by the institution that contributed the content. For example, if you only want to view images that were contributed by Artstor, select the plus symbol (+) next to the Artstor contributor selection.
- Date range filter: This filter will display the earliest and latest dates represented in your search results. To narrow the date range, enter a new beginning and/or end date. The default setting is CE; click BCE to change this setting. Click Apply to apply the new date filter.