Artstor is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually applying WCAG and Section 508 standards to improve the user experience for everyone.
A full WCAG 2.0 audit was completed (which encompasses the new Section 508 standards) and we have made the VPAT 2.0 document available below. The document is based on the updated VPAT template, created by the Information Technology Industry Council, in October 2017.
Available accessibility compliance documentation:
Conformance status and measure to support accessibility
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. Within, there are three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
During our site audit and VPAT completion in 2017 and early 2018, we identified a number of usability barriers that negatively affected our level of conformance.
In response to this, members of our support and product teams worked to prioritize a number of the issues and created a roadmap to help plan out and communicate the necessary work. The items on the roadmap were completed in early 2019, increasing our level of compliance. Our next audit will help us identify our current level and help us prioritize any barriers identified during the testing.
Through the remediation process we added:
- Additional support for keyboard tabbing and navigational shortcuts
- Access to image metadata and page and field labels for screen readers
- Updates to our site colors to meet contrast minimums
- Responsive design, which allows for the adjustment of font size, color contrast and
- Automated testing for keyboard accessibility for when new features are designed
- Additional headings and labels were applied to buttons, form fields and page structure to make this contextual information available to assistive technology
Accessibility of Artstor relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
The Artstor site does not support versions of Internet Explorer earlier than v. 11.
We support the current browser version along with the corresponding screen reader. This includes:
- Edge + Narrator
- FF + NVDA
- Safari + VoiceOVer
- IE + JAWS
- The page tabbing order of our full screen image viewer does not completely follow a logical order
- Users do not have the ability to skip through long lists of items in our advanced search modal
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Artstor. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Artstor, or would like to request any accessibility-related assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact methods can be found on our support site.