Download our Quick Start guide (PDF)
To access the Artstor Digital Library at a current subscribing institution you must be on campus or logged in to your institution’s proxy if one exists. If your institution uses token access, use the link provided to you to access the Digital Library landing page.
If your institution has a proxy server or VPN set up, you can also access the Artstor Digital Library via your institution’s list of electronic resources (often found on the library’s website).
Remote Access to the Digital Library
If you are seeing the remote login screen (below) instead of the landing page, you will need to either access the Digital Library from on-campus (where you can then register for an account) or log in through you institution’s proxy if one exists.
Register for an account
1. From on-campus or through a proxy link, navigate to library.artstor.org
2. Click Register in the Welcome box in the upper right corner of your screen.
3. Enter the requested information including a valid email address and password (please use only letters and numbers in your password). The email address you enter will be the username for your account and a place for Artstor to send your password if you should misplace it.
Once you have registered for an account, you can access the Artstor Digital Library remotely from any computer connected to the internet. You will need to log in to your registered user account at your subscribing institution once every 120 days to maintain your remote access to the Artstor Digital Library.
Video Demo: Registering for an account
The following video is a brief demo of registering for an account
To log in to your account
1. Navigate to library.artstor.org
2. Click Log in in the Welcome box in the upper right corner of your screen.
3. Enter the email address and password you used to create your account. Then click Log In.
Access Artstor Mobile
If you are on a compatible mobile device and have a current Artstor account you can go to mobile.artstor.org and log in with your Artstor username and password.