Want to be the first to know about new features, bug fixes, known issues, and site maintenance? Sign up for our mailings on this page: http://artstor.org/content/join-our-mailings
April 2017 – A New Artstor is coming!
Artstor is thrilled to announce that we will be releasing an improved Digital Library this summer. The new platform will feature a redesigned interface, streamlined features, and will run on the same backend technology that currently powers JSTOR.
Immediate upcoming improvements include:
- A new full screen IIIF image viewer with side-by-side comparison mode (no pop-ups or Flash required)
- Simplified image group sharing: all registered users (previously limited to instructors) will now be able to share image groups at your institution
- Increased web accessibility for users with disabilities
- Shorter URLs for easier linking in LibGuides, course websites, emails, and more
- Mobile friendly – same experience on desktops and devices
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
September 2016 – Updated Features
- Links in the Digital Library from Help now bring users to support.artstor.org pages.
- Radio buttons beneath “Search by date or date range” have been removed, to provide more complete search results.
- When browsing an Institutional Collection, the quick search box will automatically be narrowed down to that single institutional collection.
- The terms and conditions page viewed when downloading an image from the Artstor Digital Library now includes text, notifying users that the descriptive information about the image is embedded in the image file.
Full release notes can be viewed on the Release Notes page.
August 2016 – OIV 4.1 Release
- Removal of the slide numbering in slide presentations
- The inactive launch image viewer button in the slideshow and palette presentation is now active
- When installing OIV 4.1, non-administrators can launch OIV on Windows machines, without requiring administrator login credentials, and without the User Account Settings being lowered in the computer’s default security settings.
- Slide presentation images using a zoomable slide template no longer requires Java version 1.6 for non-pixelation. When zooming into an image, additional images on that slide will remain clear.
Full release notes can be found on the OIV Release Notes page.
June 2016 – Updated Features
- Shared Shelf Commons audio files and audio files from Institution’s Shared Shelf Collections will play using the Kaltura viewer (not Quicktime or Flash). Personal Collection audio files will still use Quicktime player. See Working with Audio files for more details.
- For all Windows OS, we no longer support Safari browser.
- For Mac, we do not support Safari browser for OS X 10.5 and 10.6. For later versions of OSX we do support the Safari browser.
- See this page for more browser support details.
March 2016 – New Features
We are happy to announce new features in the Artstor Digital Library which include:
- Embedded Metadata: Embedded Metadata is now available for users. Images in the Digital Library can now be downloaded as a single file with embedded metadata. By embedding the data, we no longer need to require you to download two files in a .zip when you just want an image. If you still require the metadata file, you can now download it separately from the metadata window.
- Audio Files: Shared Shelf Audio files in the Digital Library no longer require QuickTime for playback. For these files, users can now select any plugin to play the audio files in their browsers.
Please see the release notes page for details.
Twitter chat on Visual Literacy, Tuesday, February 10, 2016
Thanks for joining us to to share your experiences, successes, and challenges—and your questions—on teaching Visual Literacy. View the archive of this chat here
September 2014 – OIV 4.0 update
In response to our community’s feedback we are pleased to announce an upgrade for the Offline Image Viewer 4.0. With this release, users are no longer given multiple authentication messages when opening and performing other actions within the OIV.
Kindly be advised that it is normal behavior to authenticate when importing Digital Library media into the OIV and to authenticate the OIV every 120 days when you are accessing off-campus. Please see OIV authentication for further details.
To access this new version, uninstall any previous versions of the OIV, log into your account, and install the OIV 4.0 using these instructions . Please note that although this is an updated version, it is still labeled the OIV 4.0.
To get the full details of this new release please visit the release notes page.
May 2015 – New Features
- Shared Shelf Commons Collections are now available alongside content in the Digital Library and images in these collections are identified with an icon. Shared Shelf Commons is also an option under the Collection facets of Filters and Advanced Search.
- Teaching Resources replaces the Featured Groups heading and includes all of the same content (Surveys, Curriculum Guides, Case Studies and AP® Resources).
- Full Screen (Non-popup) Viewer is now an option for image URLs and image group URLs. Sharing content with this option allows users to bypass popup blockers.
- Internet Explorer 11 has improved support in this release.
This release also includes development of subject-specific portals, such as SAHARA, as well as others that have not yet been released.
Learn more about new features and tools:
- Artstor Digital Library Release Notes
- Artstor Mobile Release Notes
- Offline Image Viewer Release Notes