While you can find and view images without an account, users who register can:
- access the Digital Library remotely for up to 120 days
- save and organize images into image groups
- download individual images or export entire image groups in batches, through the download to zip file or export to PowerPoint features
- add notes to images, which can later be searched
- activate instructor-level privileges to organize and share image groups using folders and use their own content through Personal Collections
- access the Artstor Mobile site and/or app
- download the free Offline Image Viewer software
To Register for a User Account
- When you first register for a user account, you must be on-site at your institution or logged in through your institution’s proxy server. Access the Artstor Digital Library.
- In the Log In area at the upper right side of the screen, click Register
- A registration form will appear. Enter a valid email address, password, your role at your institution, and the academic department you are affiliated with. DO NOT use symbols (e.g., ? /\ <>+ # %) or diacritics (e.g., é å ï ñ ô).
- Use the check boxes to opt-in or out of our monthly newsletter and annual user survey.
- Click Submit.
- You will automatically be logged in to your new account. The Log In area will change to display a welcome message and your email address.