Folders are a way for individual users at an institution to share image groups. They can be shared with everyone at an institution (Institutional Public), a selected group using a password, or they can be Student Work folders, a place for students and instructors to share work and feedback.
Unlock a password-protected folder:
- Log in to your Artstor account.
- In the navigation bar, click Find > Unlock password-protected folder.
- A new window will appear. Enter your first name, last name, and the password provided by the folder creator.
- Click Submit.
- A confirmation message will display the name of the folder you have unlocked as well as what type of access you have been granted (Read or Write Access).
- Now that you are registered to the folder, you will be able to open and view its contents the same as you would any other folder.
Accessing and using your student work folder
In certain cases, the confirmation message in step #5 will also inform you “A private course folder: <folder title here> (your initials here) has been created for you.”
Accessing institutional public folders
If instructor-level users at your institution have shared folders with everyone, the image groups contained within will be available to you. They can be found by:
1. Browsing image groups and folders. OR
2. Clicking the “Open Folders & Image Groups” icon in the center of the home page. OR
3. Clicking “My folders & Image Groups” in the My Artstor section on the right hand side.
4. When the Folders window opens, you will see all the institutional public folders listed. To open an image group contained in one of these folders, click the plus sign next to the folder icon to view all the image groups then double-click an image group title to open it.