You can use the Keyword Search feature to run a basic search for images from any location in the Digital Library.
- On the front page of the Digital Library, the Keyword Search box is located in the upper left corner.
- On a search results page, the Keyword Search box is located in the upper right corner.
- Or you can go to the navigation menu and click Find >Search.
- Enter your keyword(s) in the search box and click Go.
- Your search results will be returned as thumbnails.
- Further refine your search by using Keyword Search box in the upper right corner. Enter another search term and from the drop-down options choose Within this search result. Click Go.
- Or you can filter by selecting collection type, classification, geographic locations, or dates, when applicable.
Please note: Keyword Search will return results that include all of your search terms, so there is no need to include “and” between terms.
Please note: You may receive a message that the search has retrieved more than 2,000 results. View the first 2,000 images by clicking View results, or, refine your query by clicking the Advanced Search button.
- Try using wildcards!
Keyword Search Video