On this page…
Export to PPT steps
Get PDF instructions you can customize
Watch a video on how to export to PPT
Please check all technical requirements before using this feature, including adding Artstor as a trusted site and disabling popup blockers;you must also have PowerPoint 2007 or later to use the file.
- Log into your Artstor account and open an image group containing 100 or fewer images.
- Above the image group thumbnails on the toolbar (upper right, near search box) you will see the export to PowerPoint button (). Click this.
- A window will appear telling you how many images you can download in the current 120 day period. Click Yes. You will then be asked to accept the Terms & Conditions of Use for the group of Artstor images you are downloading. Click Accept.
- A new window will appear with a progress bar as your PowerPoint 2007 presentation file is generated. This may take several minutes, depending on the group size.
- If prompted to open or save, choose to SAVE the file to your computer. Confirm that you are saving the file to a location where you can easily access it in the future. Once you have saved the .pptx file you can open and edit it using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.
Each image will appear on its own slide, with the image data in the notes field below each slide. As long as you are connected to the Internet when in presentation mode, each image will also be hyperlinked to take you directly to the original image in the Image Viewer, allowing you to zoom, pan and rotate.
Download a customizeable guide on exporting to PowerPoint
Use the Guide to Exporting Artstor Digital Library images to PowerPoint PDF document, to outline how to go from the landing page of the Digital Library, to having your own PowerPoint of images. With Adobe Acrobat, you can customize this PDF to include the name of your institution, and the URL for access to Artstor for your off-campus users.