Steps to download your image group as a zip file:
- Log in to your Artstor account.
- Go to Organize–>Open image group. Browse and select your image group then click Open at the bottom of the popup window.
- Once the image group has opened, select the file folder icon from the upper right toolbar.
- An Export/Download Guidelines popup will appear detailing download restrictions* and the number of images your account has exported/downloaded in the past 120 days; click Submit then Accept to accept the Artstor Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Save the zipped image file group to your computer. Or, open the group immediately using a zip utility.
- You can match the metadata file (html) to its corresponding jpeg by referring to the image ID in the last part of the file’s name.
Registered users can download 2000 images in a 120-day period (this includes images that are exported to PPT).
Multimedia files will not be downloaded.
Tips & Notes
- If your PC does not come equipped with a zip program or if you have not installed one in the past, you will need to download and install software that will zip and unzip files. Mac users will not need to install software to handle zip files as it is already built into OS X. Artstor recommends 7-Zip for PC users, which is free and available for download here: http://www.7-zip.org.
- If you are working on a PC we suggest that you open the zip file and then extract the files contained within the zip file. If you are working on a Mac you will save the zip file and in most cases, your files will automatically unzip.
- If you are having difficulty downloading and you are using Internet Explorer, try setting Artstor as a Trusted Site and setting the security level to medium-low.